Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Art doll

Well the art doll project is coming along.  I received the face from Etsy store Graphixoutpost and have realized it is not exactly what she needs.  Although it is lovely, I feel she has gone in another direction.  Perhaps my next doll will be right for it.  Uh oh, that means there will be another doll.  

She is not named as yet, but will be the "studio muse" that I have been searching for.  I found her among the many stacks of fabric and rubberstamps just waiting for me to call her out.  She needs some love and care but will be stunning for sure.  

The background quilt she will be mounted to is almost finished as well.  Beading and hand embellishments will add to the base layers.  I sorted through a large sack of scraps from my inheritance fabric and found enough for the string pieced area along the left side.  The bottom is some hand dyed stripe that I had forgotten about but really seemed to ground the dear one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment