Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Artdoll Quilt Challenge and Green Postcard Challenge




All my challenges are currently completed!  YEH!  and early too.  Can't believe it.  

Even made Art@Mail postcards and got them mailed this last weekend.  Also spent yesterday cleaning the studio and made some heart felt decisions to sell some of the many books on art, sewing, quilting, knitting that I've acquired over the years. Some were my Mom's and Grandma's and some are early purchases of mine when I started quilting again in the early 80's.  WOW how tastes change or is it growth. What I thought I loved many years ago hardly captures my interest now. 

Many artists on one of my internet groups have been discussing moving on from a particular group or moving to a particular group, I think that I really just want to connect with other artists.  I want to hear their struggles and see if mine measure up in some way.  Does this make me an artist too...etc.  Everyone that knows me always compliments my work.  Does this make me an artist...do I really have to "be " an artist to make art?  
Someone recently suggested that we use timers to give direction to an otherwise directionless day.  Mine is going off....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment