Friday, July 16, 2010

Coasters Galore!


Here are a couple of pics of the art cloth coasters I've been doing.

These started as a way to practice my free motion technique last fall before quilting larger projects.   I messed around and decided that coasters for my studio would be fun.

I started with cheap felt from Wal-mart fabric closeouts and my scrap bag.  Stitched quadrants randomly. Cut them into 4" x 4" squares leaving some small pieces for ATC's.  Backed them with fleece laying on the floor from another project and stuck my coffee mug on them...Perfect!   A friend visiting the studio saw them and said, you should put those in your Etsy store.  OK....sold in one day.   Cool.

Just finished a large commission of 20 sets for a friend's daughters wedding for the gift bags.  They are a lot of fun to make plus, I get to practice my machine quilting techniques.  Win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment