Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Showers

April showers are bringing flowers….just in time to my yard.  The bleeding hearts which had started to bloom last week before the “spring snow” are toast but the rhododendrons has sprung forth in a beautiful display of hot pink.  The bleeding hearts may come back.  They multiply like weeds in the bed and I usually have to thin them out.  I vow that next fall I will plant the daffodils and tulips that I crave in spring and have never gotten to pop up.  





My FFFC groups latest challenge uses the art of Andy Goldsworthy.  I read the challenge and as has happened before, my brain took off in its own direction.  I made a piece with my “different background”  and undulating line.  Then I researched his work.  I am planning a new piece now.  Stay tuned for it.  But this is the piece I made originally.  I intend to post it and get critique.  


It's wool blend scraps with wool fibers and synthetics needle felted to the background.  Felt balls were hand stitched on to add yet another texture,  I love it when my brain designs a fully finished project and then I'm able to actually construct my vision.  Doesn't happen often but is such a joy when it does.

Members from our SAQA NE group came to see Grand Island last Friday to see the Gallery our show will be in next March and April, during the Crane Migration.  Our little community really brings in visitors for the galleries that are also here for the migration.  Cranes and crane art are very prevalent during the migration but our focus is on Nebraska shown in square formats.  A one foot, two foot and three foot square format. 
We also got to go to one of the local quilt shops, my favorite, Material Girl.  Deb’s shop did not disappoint.  Only one of the four had been here before and they loved it, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment