Wednesday, April 6, 2011

An Artist's Gym

I have an idea....I get so many....It's implementing them that is difficult.  I want to start an Arist's Gym, a place to stretch your "creative" muscles.  I want to teach there as well as offer space to other artist's for creative studio space and teaching opportunities.  I have been doing research online and reading about studio coops.

The Artist's Gym in Brooklyn, NY is really my dream in reality.  But this is Nebraska, not NYC.  Don't get me wrong, we have many artist's here who need space for a studio and would like to teach.   I don't know if there are enough people who would pay their share of the rent on this type of space or enough people that could teach or would take classes to "cash flow" this idea.

I want a large studio area with classroom space and lockers for each artist's supplies.  I want classes happening and childrens sessions in summer and adult sessions in the winter.  I want all media types used and taught.  I would love a gallery area and a lounge and library area for research and inspiration.  I think I need an old building in downtown area near parking areas that I can afford.

I've been planning this idea in my head for 5 years.  It's not going away.  I want to work with adults and children teaching what I love as well as giving people a chance to really "play" and see where their own ideas and creativity can take them.  We don't get enough of this stretching in our schools and colleges today.  People work in straight lines and don't think in creative ways as much as we need today.  I want like minded people around me that make me stretch my creative mind too.

There...I've "put it out there."  Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment