Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Daily musings.....

Week two....

We are painting the house..so of course it has rained everyday since we started. The new lighter colors have really changed the appearance of the house and I love it! It is extremely hot and humid here in central Nebraska...so good day to sew.

Got a call yesterday to make additional costumes for the non-profit group; (The Young Americans, based in Southern California:
http://www.youngamericans.org ) I sew for in the summers. I have always volunteered to sew for them as my daughter is in the group, but this year I was paid. 5 weeks of long days (14-16 hours) with only 2 days off, made me realize how much I miss making things with my hands and my mind! I have agreed to make these additional costumes for their Christmas Show in December. Haven't decided how much I should charge for them yet, but am working on that.

Plan to work on some of my late mother's UFOS. I have already put three whole projects toghter from her left overs. She was an amazing woman. Very talented and got me hooked on costuming and quilting at the tender age of 7.

Hope to have photos posted soon!
Rhojo

No comments:

Post a Comment