Thursday, August 23, 2007

Photos!






Here are the photos of the Sassaman Class quilt I am finishing as well as the one I just finished called "Triple Turn".

Triple Turn is constructed from a stitch and flip on a muslin foundation method for the background and applique for the silk circles. These pieces were made by my late mother. I combined them last week after going through my inherited stash of misfits and left overs. I'm new to machine quilting so any critques are welcomed...I'm going to work hard on my technique....

I am working on 4 projects from her stash. She had such a wonderful color sense and I love how she could put anything together and make it work. I relly owe her alot for teaching me to love fiber and color...

We started Fiber Benders about 20 years ago as a family business that we could work on in our spare time. We didn't know then that my Mom would not live to see anything come of it. I'm happy to be starting to "make" something from our dream!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere - it has so enriched my life. You're so lucky to be able to take a class with Jane Sassaman. Your piece looks very promising. I look forward to seeing how it proceeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to honor and remember your mom!

    ReplyDelete