Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cracked Paper Quilts

Hey, just read several articles on Cracked Paper Quilts and it seems So You Say, (see previous post) is a Cracked paper quilt; who knew?   The top is made from mostly art papers that I created in a workshop with Traci Bautista at the IQF Long Beach convention in July.

I stayed with my dd and her honey so I thought they were appropriate to use in the band's piece.  Class was awesome and I will be applying the techniques I learned to future pieces.

Simply, the permission to play seemed to be her main idea.  No rules really except those that govern all good art technique.  Line, color, value, shape, and texture.  but she gave us the permission to just "see what happens when..."

This is so necessary for my psyche now cause I am tending to think only on the finished product and not the process.  That thought process really gets in my way

No comments:

Post a Comment