Friday, January 7, 2011

Art JOuRnaLing....

Well I've done it now!  Too much information is at my fingertips this week.  Journal promts galore!

The Sketchbook Challenge theme is "Highly Prized" for the month of January.  I did complete some sketches but they are not what I want to use in the project.  I did set aside a specific journal for this project that will use 3 sketches each month for a year.  Watercolor or copic markers are the only choice for colorants...just to keep it simple.

Milliande.com's January Journal project has begun with a Zebra theme.  Stretching it to all it's limits.  I have been watching the videos with great interest but beyond this first sketch...and a zentangled Zebra mandala...I'm overwhelmed.  I was not prepared for all the techniques used....ok though...wet studio next week.  Snow forcast...fun fun fun!  Carving stamps...collage grounds....I'll catch up then.

Traci Bautista's prompts from her blog have started with a face...buildt with intentions, some circle shapes for day 2 and today a photo based prompt.  Whoo....alot to absorb for me.

The Art of Silliness 3 class with Carla Sonheim has been the best for now.  I have loved all three lessons so far and find that what I draw with my left hand is better,  less forced, free-er.  I will get the pages scanned or photos taken by tomorrow.

Art coop journal is coming together...no theme just more stuff.  Do the work they say....

I had decided to post my journal drawings from the week in my 3 journals but alas my scanner has decided to cease and desist and refuses to scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment