Monday, January 31, 2011

Manic Monday

Ok this is the first post on Manic Monday and should be the post about how I did this month on the LIST.

This is the LIST that helps me plan-track all my TO DO's, my goals and my things to avoid.  On the first of Monday of every month I make a list of all the things that need to be accomplished this month along with a list of the regular stuff that needs doing for the week.  At the beginning of each month I will post the list and keep ya'll posted on how it's going.  At the end of the month, I will do a crititque of the progress, fix what's broke and move on.

January's list looked something like this...didn't photograph it...

1.  Blog 3 times a week
2.  Loose weight by walking regularly or otherwise "moving" 30 min/day
3.  Clean desk
4.  Reorganize the studio
5.  Sketchbook project
6.  Silly Class
7.  Start taxes
8.  Antiques to the shop
9.  Vacation
10. Put away Christmas stuff

Ten is enough.  I find that more than ten items makes me not want to do ANY of the items...seems too daunting to finish.

1.  Well that sucks....blogged like 3 times total...will do better.  I did get the blog notebook set up and actually have planned some blog posts for later one...better than nothing I quess

2.  Loose weight...not so much, see #9 vacation...did walk or clean or otherwise move for 30 minutes about 3 times a week all month.  Lost about 5 pounds before the vacation...gained them back....haven't given up!

3.  Clean desk...check

4. Reorganize studio...got it started....have space now on the table...will never be done

5.  Sketchbook project.  this month the theme is "highly prized"  Have made sketches and am ready to place them in the sketchbook.  Won't be done tonight but feel confident that I will post my 3 pages by the 10th of Feb.

6.  Silly class.  I have followed the class and have only a few pages to do to catch up.  It has been fun

7.  Start Taxes...check  JIL taxes are as right as we can get them and personal taxes are underway.  Sales tax report filed on time!  YES

8.   Antiques to shop.  Got one trip made and got the inventory up to date.  Bought more inventory and even got an etsy store set up for the vintage stuff...Over the Moon Vintage.   My daughter is my partner and she has listed the first stuff.  I plan to add to the inventory this week.  YES

9.  VACATION  Spent one glorious week at our family vacation home in Gilbert, AZ 70-73 degrees....fabulous.  It was a working vaca, getting the house set up but we had a great time...going back in March!

10.  Put Christmas away...this is a Super Bowl Sunday tradition at our house.  Got started by organizing the storage bins we use.


All in all....not too bad.  I'll work to get more done for my Art Career in February.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment